Alzheimer’s Disease Working Group
The 2017 Legislature authorized the Minnesota Board on Aging to re-establish an Alzheimer’s Disease Working Group (ADWG) to review and revise the 2011 report, “Preparing Minnesota for Alzheimer’s: the Budgetary, Social and Personal Impacts.”
To view the previous 2011 report, click here.
To view the legislative language, click here.
Working Group Members
- Person with Alzheimer's Disease Diagnosis, Darrell Foss, Chairperson
- Caregiver of person with Alzheimer's, Eric Linn
- Nursing facility or senior housing representative who is affiliated with LeadingAge MN, Jean Nelson
- Nursing facility or senior housing representative who is affiliated with Care Providers of MN, TBD
- Home care or adult day services representative affiliated with LeadingAge MN, TBD
- Neuropsychologist, Terry Barclay
- Alzheimer's Disease Researcher, Joseph E. Gaugler
- Community-Based Organization, Amanda Mithun
- Community-Based Organization, Dorothea Harris
- Geriatrician, Michael Rosenbloom
- Geriatrician, Edward Ratner
- MDH Commissioner Designee, Mary Manning
- DHS Commissioner Designee, Gretchen Ulbee
- Representative of the Alzheimer's Association, Heidi Haley-Franklin
- State Ombudsperson for Long-Term Care, Cheryl Hennen
- MBA Member, Sherrie Pugh
- MBA Executive Director, Kari Benson
January 8, 2018
- 9:00 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
- Elmer L. Andersen Building, 540 Cedar Street, St. Paul, MN 55101
- Room tbd (Please check the monitor next to the information desk for the latest room details)
- Road Map
- April 24, 2018
- June 28, 2018
- August 14, 2018
- November 20, 2018
The Alzheimer's Disease Work Group is looking for individuals to serve on committees. These committees will develop key findings to be shared with the Work Group. We're looking for a wide-range of people to serve on committees – we encourage anyone who is interested to apply. Committee applications are open until 1/31. For more information on committees, please see the committee description document and the 1-page FAQ document.
Individuals interested in serving on committees can apply here
Questions or comments? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 651-431-2500.