Health Care Choices - Minnesota’s Premier Medicare Publication Now Available
October 14, 2016
Health Care Choices for Minnesotans on Medicare - 2017, is now available online and via mail.
This free guide is published annually by the Minnesota Board on Aging and includes comprehensive, objective Medicare insurance information.
Medicare Open Enrollment begins October 15 and ends at midnight on December 7. During this period Medicare beneficiaries can:
- Review their current plan for benefit changes
- Change their health plan and/or prescription drug coverage for 2017
- The deadline to change plans is midnight Wednesday, December 7, 2016.
- Changes will take effect January 1, 2017.
- Outside the Medicare Open Enrollment Period, there are only a few special occasions when a person is able to make plan changes.
Senior LinkAge Line® staff are ready to help you review your plan options and enroll in a plan. Call 1-800-333-2433 for free, objective help. The Senior LinkAge Line® is a service of the Minnesota Board on Aging and does not sell or market any health plans or insurance products.
To receive a copy of the Health Care Choices guide, please call the Senior LinkAge Line® at 1-800-333-2433.
IMPORTANT: The federal Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) had not released the 2017 Medicare Part A and Medicare Part B premiums, deductibles and coinsurance amounts prior to the print deadline for the 2017 edition of Health Care Choices. As a result, the printed edition of Health Care Choices contains the 2016 Medicare Part A and B cost sharing amounts.